Quantitative UX Researcher
NewCity is a 26 year-old, 25-person firm, working in a highly collaborative, low-ego environment to create digital experiences for the real world. We ask big questions, dream big dreams, but at the end of the day we build things that work. Our culture is can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves, I’ve got your back and you’ve got mine. We’re constantly learning, experimenting and reinventing NewCity.
We design and build enterprise-level websites for higher education, large non-profit, and commercial clients. Our core expertise is in the higher education and non-profit space where we’ve been pioneers of human-centered design for over two decades.
We’re organized around seven key disciplines: user experience, visual design, content strategy, development, digital marketing, project management and business development. Our project teams are made of people from multiple disciplines.
Human-centered design forms the foundation of everything we do at NewCity and has for decades. We employ both qualitative and quantitative methods tailored to the needs of each client to guide our design decisions. We want to grow stronger in our application of quantitative data not only for formative insights in the design stage but for ongoing research efforts, website strategies, and marketing campaigns that will help our clients better serve their audiences.. You’ll love this role if your curiosity is piqued by big data sets, seeing not just data points but stories behind the numbers. You’ll work closely with your project teams to pursue the questions our clients are asking and the questions they didn’t even know to ask. More importantly, your insights will help us and our clients point our energy to actions that improve outcomes for everyone.
This could be a great fit for you if you…
- can plan and run research studies incorporating a variety of quantitative methods like surveys, behavioral analysis from analytics, and multivariate testing. You’ll usually be working alongside other research colleagues on mixed-methods research projects.
- are comfortable manipulating and analyzing data from web analytics, user surveys, CRMs, and public data sets.
- have expertise in statistical analysis.
- can translate insights into clearly communicated findings and recommendations while avoiding common data misinterpretation pitfalls.
- enjoy discussing the implications of your research with teammates and clients, helping them understand the data and leverage insights to support strategy and design.
- can manage your own priorities across multiple concurrent projects with sometimes overlapping deadlines.
This is a full-time, remote position. There may be some limited travel. This position reports to the Director of User Experience, Melissa Beaver.
- Minimum 2 years in quantitative research and data analysis related to websites or web applications
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Coursework or evidence of knowledge of basic statistical methods
- Experience presenting and telling stories with data for people who do not have a background in statistics
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with higher education audiences
- Experience working on a remote team
- Experience in an agency or consulting setting
Location, Compensation & Benefits
NewCity is distributed, but we have several team members in the Blacksburg, VA and Charleston, SC areas. You would be working from home, traveling occasionally to meet with coworkers or clients in person. You must reside in either the Eastern or Central US time zones or be available for meetings during our regular business hours of 9am-5pm Eastern.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package; salary for this position will vary based on experience. Benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Long Term Disability/Short Term Disability/Life Insurance
- 1 week of dedicated professional development per year
- Remote Stipend
- 12 Vacation days, 5 Personal days
- 11 Paid Holidays
We do not sponsor employment visas; only candidates legally eligible to work in the United States will be considered.
A small note on diversity
We treasure the differences and unique perspectives each of us brings to NewCity. We want to keep growing in diversity and inclusion – it makes us richer in every way. Please know that we are seeking applications from everyone, no matter what background you come from. If this sounds like the job you want, we want to hear from you.
NewCity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.