NewCity is a 23-year-old, 25-person firm, working in a highly collaborative, low-ego environment to create digital experiences for the real world. We ask big questions, dream big dreams, but at the end of the day we build things that work. Our culture is can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves, I’ve got your back and you’ve got mine. We’re constantly learning, experimenting and reinventing NewCity.
We’re organized around seven key disciplines: user experience, visual design, content strategy, development, digital marketing and analytics, project management and business development. Our project teams are made of people from multiple disciplines.
We’re seeking an energetic and motivated intern to assist with our marketing and business development needs.
Assist the President and the Director of Marketing with various responsibilities which could include any of the following:
- Assist with the production of presentations using Keynote
- Assist in content marketing efforts by coordinating blog posts, case studies and newsletters
- Work with internal teams to brainstorm ideas for marketing pieces
- Coordinate social media accounts to market our white papers, upcoming events and sponsorships
- Assist business development team with client pitch preparations
- Assist with coordinating marketing travel efforts
- Conducting research for special projects and business opportunities
Honestly, for the right person there are any number of experiences available.
- Working toward a degree in Marketing, Business, Graphic Design or Communications
- Familiar with social media marketing and scheduling tools
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-driven atmosphere
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience working with design, photo editing, and presentation programs
This is a paid position.
NewCity does not sponsor employment visas; only candidates legally eligible to work in the United States will be considered.
NewCity is located right in the middle of Downtown Blacksburg next to Mellow Mushroom and the municipal building. Convenient location allows you to walk to and from campus with ease or take the bus back home.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of NewCity. As an equal opportunity employer, employment is based upon personal capabilities, qualifications and performance. NewCity does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.