NewCity is a nationally recognized digital strategy, design, and development firm. We design and build enterprise-level websites for higher education, large non-profit, and commercial clients. Our core expertise is in the higher education and non-profit space where we’ve been pioneers of human-centered design for over two decades.
We’re organized around seven key disciplines: user experience, visual design, content strategy, development, digital marketing and analytics, project management and business development. Our project teams are made of people from multiple disciplines.
As a Digital Project Manager, you will be supporting both the day-to-day and overall management of a wide variety of projects and ongoing support clients.
As the Digital Project Manager, you will:
- Be the primary client point of contact for the projects you manage. This requires you to communicate the progress to the client regularly and be able to discuss and determine needs from the client.
- Use a variety of tools to keep your projects organized by facilitating internal meetings, building schedules and budgets, documenting notes and decisions, and communicating project health/status reports to clients and company leadership.
- Provide project management support to both new and Ongoing Services clients on a wide variety of digital projects, from large university-wide website redesigns to maintenance contracts.
- Get to know the people on your teams and learn how to support and motivate them to do their best work.
- Participate in resource planning with the Project Management and Ongoing Services teams.
- 2+ years of previous project management experience working on digital products (web, digital marketing), preferably in an agency environment.
- Experience managing project budgets and resourcing.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams, including designers and developers.
- Familiarity with the digital space, including some comfort level with content management systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to groups. Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in or with higher education or non-profit organizations.
- Experience working in Drupal or WordPress.
- Experience with other disciplines outside of project management: marketing, design, UX, development, or content development.
- Experience working with remote teams.
You might be the right person for this role if you:
- Enjoy solving complex problems.
- Are able to juggle multiple projects/initiatives with ease.
- Have solid customer service skills and enjoy building relationships with clients.
- Thrive in a collaborative work environment.
- Have a positive attitude and are willing to step out of your comfort zone to help your colleagues solve problems.
- Have a desire to learn new skills.
This is a full-time position. It is available as fully remote or in-person at our Blacksburg, VA office. You must reside in the either CST or EST time zones and would be expected to be available between 9am-5pm Eastern time.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package; salary for this position will vary based on experience. Benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- LTD/STD/Life Insurance
- Remote Stipend
- 12 Vacation days, 5 Personal days
- 10 Paid Holidays
We do not sponsor employment visas; only candidates legally eligible to work in the United States will be considered.
A small note on diversity
We treasure the differences and unique perspectives each of us brings to NewCity. We want to keep growing in diversity and inclusion – it makes us richer in every way. Please know that we are seeking applications from everyone, no matter what background you come from. If this sounds like the job you want, we want to hear from you.
NewCity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.