Digital Project Coordinator
NewCity, a digital agency in the eastern US, is seeking a Digital Project Coordinator who loves working with a team to solve complex problems for our clients.
NewCity is a 26 year-old, 24-person firm, working in a highly collaborative, low-ego environment to create digital experiences for the real world. We ask big questions, dream big dreams, but at the end of the day we build things that work. Our culture is can-do, roll-up-your-sleeves, I’ve got your back and you’ve got mine. We’re constantly learning, experimenting and reinventing NewCity. We design and build enterprise-level websites for higher education, large non-profit, and commercial clients. Our core expertise is in the higher education and non-profit space where we’ve been pioneers of human-centered design for over two decades.
We’re organized around seven key disciplines: user experience, visual design, content strategy, development, digital marketing and analytics, project management and business development. Our project teams are made up of people from multiple disciplines.
As a Digital Project Coordinator, you will be supporting a wide variety of projects and ongoing support clients.
As the Digital Project Coordinator, you will:
- Use a variety of tools to keep our projects organized by facilitating internal meetings, building schedules and budgets, documenting notes and decisions, and communicating project health/status reports to the project managers.
- Assist with project financials by helping with the project budgeting process and client invoicing. + Provide project support to both new and Ongoing Services clients on a wide variety of digital projects, from large university-wide website redesigns to maintenance contracts.
- Get to know the people on your teams and learn how to support them to do their best work. You’ll attend both internal and client meetings, and may be asked to facilitate meetings from time to time.
- Participate in resource planning with the Project Management and Ongoing Services teams.
This job could be a great fit for you if you…
- Are looking to grow into a project management role, and are looking for how to take the next step.
- Enjoy solving complex problems.
- Are able to juggle multiple projects/initiatives with ease.
- Have solid customer service skills and enjoy building relationships with clients.
- Thrive in a collaborative work environment.
- Have a positive attitude and are willing to step out of your comfort zone to help your colleagues solve problems.
- Have a desire to learn new skills.
- Want to have a say in the direction of the company where you work.
This is a full-time position.
- 0-2 years of previous experience working on digital products (web, digital marketing), preferably in an agency environment.
- Familiarity with the website redesign process, including some comfort level with content management systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to groups. Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Bachelor’s degree
Experience with: + Managing project budgets and resourcing. + Working with multidisciplinary teams, including designers and developers. + Working in or with higher education or non-profit organizations. + Working in Drupal or WordPress. + Other disciplines outside of project management: marketing, design, UX, development, or content development. + Working with remote teams.
Location, Compensation & Benefits
NewCity is distributed, but we have several team members in the Blacksburg, VA and Charleston, SC areas. You would be working from home, traveling occasionally to meet with coworkers or clients in person (once it’s safe to do so again). You must reside in either the Eastern or Central US time zones to be available for meetings during our regular business hours of 9am-5pm Eastern.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package; salary for this position will vary based on experience.
Benefits include: + Medical Insurance + Dental Insurance + Vision Coverage + 401(k) + LTD/STD/Life Insurance + Remote Stipend + 12 Vacation days, 5 Personal days + 10 Paid Holidays
We do not sponsor employment visas; only candidates legally eligible to work in the United States will be considered.
A small note on diversity
We treasure the differences and unique perspectives each of us brings to NewCity. We want to keep growing in diversity and inclusion – it makes us richer in every way. Please know that we are seeking applications from everyone, no matter what background you come from. If this sounds like the job you want, we want to hear from you.
NewCity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.