Yellowstone Mobile App// Launch Site
NewCity's subsidiary Nomad Mobile Guides created the Official Mobile Guide to Yellowstone National Park for the Yellowstone Association. We worked with the Yellowstone Association and staff from the National Park Service to plan, design and implement the interactive app, which features
- Planning tips and essential information for visitors to the park
- Ability to search for any point of interest by category (geology, hiking, waterfalls etc.) and view them on the map
- Guided walking and driving tours
- Field guides to animals, plans and geology
- All content including the park map works without a cell signal
We created a free version including “Yellowstone Essentials” and a 17-stop guided video tour of the Upper Geyser Basin with Ranger Orville Bach. We converted the video tour from a podcast that had previously been created for the Yellowstone website.
For the full version of the Yellowstone app, we edited the Yellowstone Association’s guidebook Yellowstone: The Official Guide To Touring America’s First National Park, organizing it for mobile use and adding GPS locations for all content. People who download the free app can upgrade to the full version through in-app purchasing.