About this post:
David Poteet teaches 6 tricks you can take home to get participation without politics.
Photo sponsored by InnoGage
I gave a presentation at Eduweb in Chicago in July 2009 titled "Web Design Without Politics." I showed 6 techniques we've learned or developed to help a group of people from across an institution plan their website together in a short period of time. And not fight about it later.
- KJ sessions for getting the best ideas from a group of people - and getting them to agree!
- Nav Bar Survivor - a great trick for solving the "What should be in the top nav?" argument
- Design Consequences game for generating alternative designs quickly
- Posterframes - Poster sessions for fleshing out landing pages
- Mood Boards - capture attitudes about your brand that people can't easily put into words
- Digital Paper Prototyping - all the advantages of paper prototyping, none of the paper cuts!
I'll be giving this presentation again at the EdUI Conference in Charlottesville, Virginia on September 22nd, 2009.
Watch the slides on Slideshare: